Well, I kind of fell off the face of the planet for a while with this blog! The truth is, we have been so busy and crazy that I haven't had a minute to sit down and type! So pardon the long entry... but I need to catch up.
At the end of January, our little stinker decided to scare her mommy and daddy once again and have another seizure. It was the same thing as last time. She'd had diarrhea for a couple of days, but this time she had been eating and drinking well. She hadn't had a fever and had been acting just like normal. We sat down to read a book and she just leaned over on a pillow and started convulsing. It is the most horrible thing to have to watch your child go through. Her whole body is shaking, her eyes are rolling and she isn't breathing except for the occasional gasps for air. I called 911 again, unsure whether it was okay for me to just take her to the hospital myself... once again I was home alone with her. So they sent over the paramedics to check her out, everything was normal and they gave me the ok to take her to the ER myself. We spent 4 1/2 hours at the ER on a Sunday afternoon and returned to the hospital the next week numerous times for test after test which all came back normal. The good news is, there's no neurological abnormalities or any reason she would be having seizures. The bad news is, the only thing they could tell me was, "well, kids don't usually have seizures with diarrhea, but we'll just have to say that's the cause and hope that she doesn't have any more!" Now every time she is sick I turn into a crazy lady and load her with as much fluids as she can hold! If she has another seizure in the next six months, they want to put her on medication. I'm crossing my fingers that we can make it... I really don't want to medicate my baby. She hasn't had any ill effects from the seizures, I'd almost rather deal with the seizures than side effects of medication!
As soon as that was done, we decided to put our house on the market. For a long time we have wanted to upgrade to a home on horse property. My future plans include starting a private practice doing horse therapy with kids with disabilities. With the way the housing market is now, we figured there was no better time. So we put our house up for sale thinking we would have at least a couple of months to figure things out... and a week later we accepted an offer! For full price I might add! We were left with the task of finishing a laundry room/half bath that we started forever ago, and packing up and moving out in three weeks! It was a busy three weeks, but a really good one. I shed my tears moving out of our first house but am so excited to move on to bigger and better things. We have decided to build a new home on a 1.2 acre lot! It will be so great, I can't wait until it is finished! In the meantime, my sweet parents have been so kind as to take in our stranded, homeless bums and let us stay with them. We have totally invaded their space taking over two of their four bedrooms, one full side of their big garage, the fridge and cabinets with tons and tons of baby stuff and two dogs! Maddie is having a blast living with Grandma and Grandpa though and I'm a little worried about when it is time to move out! We're hoping our home will be finished by August... the end of July would be even better so we can celebrate Maddie's second birthday in our new home. We'll see what happens! 
Many thanks!!
8 years ago
6 comments:
How scary. I am so glad to see you back blogging...I've missed you. Madison is so dang cute. How fun that you are able to sell your house and build a new one. Good for you.
Im glad maddie is okay. She is TOO dang cute for words! I can't believe your house sold so quickly! Thats awesome. Its a dang cute house.
I had no idea about the seizures!! That is sooooooo scary. I hope she doesn't have another episode.
We miss y'all! Keep us posted about the progress of your house, new address, and all that. Good luck!
Congratulations on selling your home and on building a new home! How fun!
I'm glad Maddie is okay.
Nice to see you are still kickin'!
Wow Val, I had no idea all of that was going on with Madison. And how neat that you sold your house!! How fun tht you are building. Good luck with everything, I love that you are going to do hippatherapy (is that how you spell it?)!! Yea!!
Gee, I don't have time to sit down and check blogs for a while and look at everything that happens in your life! I am so sorry to hear about Maddie's seizures! I hope it never happens again! But, congrats on selling your house and building a new one! Hope everything goes well with that! keep us updated and I'll make sure to check more often! :)
Post a Comment