If you don't remember from past posts, GNO stands for girls night out! Mel has been living in New York since last August and before she left we told her that we would come visit her for one of our GNO's. Shea, Chantel and I flew to NYC to stay with Mel for four nights and we had a blast! Our trip started out with a terrifying cab ride from the airport to Mel's apartment... we seriously thought we were dead a few times. Drivers are crazy there! I will NEVER complain about Utah drivers again! After we got to Mel's we went to Times Square to see the Little Mermaid that evening. The show was so great! The costumes and music were amazing! Saturday morning we got up and headed to ride the Staten Island Ferry past the Statue of Liberty. We wandered around the financial district and past Ground Zero. We visited the Met and then headed down by Canal Street and did a little shopping before we saw Stomp. That evening we went to the Brooklyn Bridge and to dinner in Little Italy. Sunday we went to church in the morning, shopped and went to the Empire State Building that afternoon. We finished out the evening by going to Serendipity for a yummy frozen hot chocolate and dinner. We spent all day Monday shopping and got the best cheesecake ever at Juniors in Times Square that evening. Tuesday we walked through Central Park and past Rockefeller Center before it was time to go home. We had so much fun and were so sad to leave! New York is amazing. Thanks Mel for letting us invade your cute little apartment. I had such a great trip and really enjoyed spending time with the girls!!

The Brooklyn Bridge

Times Square
The Met
The view from the Empire State Building
Central Park


This is Mel's kitchen, yes that's it. The fridge is in the living room!
Many thanks!!
8 years ago
4 comments:
So fun Val....wow you have a great memory :). I am glad you guys were able to squeeze so much in and we loved having you guys stay with us!
How fun that you did that!! Sounds like you had the best time!
That looks like SO much fun! I'm so jealous that you went to all of those places! Brooke and I want to plan a fun shopping trip to NY. We've never been... we'll have to come over when we really do it so you can tell us all of the place to go/not go! In the mean time, let's do lunch!
Hey Val, so fun, I love NY!!! I ate at that cheescake place in NYC too, so much fun!!! I'm glad you had so much fun!! Alicia
Post a Comment