Sunday, September 27, 2009

Maddie's 2nd Birthday!

I have so much catching up to do. The last month has been crazy but I'm happy to report we are doing great and have been living in our house for 3 weeks now! We are all loving having our own space again. Maddie loves her new room and she, the dogs, and the horses are loving the room to run! We just got our fence up and the next step is the yard. I have a lot more to catch up on, but before I do, I need to post about our favorite little girl's 2nd birthday (which was at the end of July... I'm a little slow)!

For Maddie's birthday, since we were still at my mom and dad's we just had a family bbq and get together. We cooked up some yummy burgers, enjoyed some good company, and ate lots of good treats! Here are some pictures of the special day.







Some things we LOVE about Maddie are...
* her endless energy and constant jumping (I swear she's part kangaroo!)
* her sweet, sweet smile and infectious laugh
* how much she loves her mommy and daddy
* how much she loves animals, especially her dogs and horses
* that she is more than happy to be dressed up and girly, but also loves to play in the dirt and be a tom boy!
* the way she sleeps in till 8:30 or 9:00 in the morning and still takes a 2-3 hour nap!
* her big bear hugs and sweet little kisses
* she can't say her l's
* she makes the BEST facial expressions and is always making us laugh with her silly little personality
* if you ask her how old she is she will tell you "twenty two"
* she is just the best little girl and we love her SO much!

4 comments:

Josh n' Joni said...

Yay! I'm glad you are in your house now! And happy birthday to Maddie!! I can't believe she is already 2. Holy cow.

Veronica said...

Excuse me, could you not post such perverted pictures...like th one of her nek-ed on the trike? LOL- SO CUTE!!!

CailĂ­n said...

She is one gorgeous 2 year old. I have some sad news for you...James, Kelly's husband has lymphoma. Call me and I will share the details. My girls need to come see that horse of yours.

Trav and Mel...... said...

Wow Val so congrats on getting into your new house that was fast I want to see pictures :). And how awesome is it that you have a freaking horse, I love it! And last but definitely not least Happy VERY Late Birthday to Maddie!!!!